"Their coordination, attention to detail, and
creative execution have really had an impact."
—VICTORIA FOLEY, DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, NEW ENGLAND CANCER SPECIALISTS
We're helping this independent medical practice remain the region’s leader against corporate health competitors.
New England Cancer Specialists (NECS) is a physician-owned practice with three locations in southern Maine. The state’s largest oncology group, NECS is a world-class team that does leading-edge research in-house and with partners in Boston and beyond.
Cancer treatment is unfortunately a growing field, and NECS has competitors nationally, regionally and locally—primarily MaineHealth, which In 2017 launched a major ad campaign to promote its oncology practice. In late-2018, NECS strengthened its longstanding ties to the renowned Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, becoming part of the Dana-Farber Cancer Care Collaborative. Together, they are able to offer Maine cancer patients more promising new technologies than ever before.
Burgess modified the brand’s strategy to combine the benefit of emotional support with the long-standing emphasis on technical excellence, and developed the following to let Mainers in need of cancer care know about their highly effective approach:
- Created TV, print and digital ads featuring the voices of real patients, physicians and other important members of NECS’s broad-based support teams.
- Redesigned all collateral materials to give the brand a fresh and consistent look.
- Redesigned and rewrote the website to make it more distinctive, engaging and intuitive.
- Created special campaigns to introduce the new Topsham office.
- Added Google Ads to the marketing mix, and have continually analyzed results and improved these campaigns.
The practice has continued to grow, despite the heavy media spending by MaineHealth and other competitors, and the new Topsham office has quickly grown into its new larger space. Digital ads and Google Ads have consistently beat industry norms for impressions, click-through rates, and cost-efficiency. Our print and TV campaigns have been judged by management, physicians and staff to ideally position the practice as the leader in Maine cancer care. Our creative work for NECS has garnered several Communicator and Broderson awards.